How To Find The Right Guy
Are you looking for the right guy? Want to find the right partner? Tired of dating the wrong men? Need to know how to spot a keeper?
Dating can sometimes be tedious, especially when you have to weed through the masses. Of course, your ultimate goal is to find that needle in the haystack. Here are 8 things that women hope to find when looking for the right guy.
- Find a guy who really listens to you. Listening shows someone is really interested in you. Good communication is the key to a great relationship.
- Find a guy who is intelligent. You and your partner should be evenly matched when it comes to intelligence.
- Find a guy who shares your interests. There is a popular saying that “opposites attract,” but it is important to share some interests, especially in areas like recreational and social activities.
- Find a guy who is romantic and affectionate. One of the ways to feel “emotionally” connected to your guy is through touch.
- Find a guy who cares about his appearance. Chances are if a guy is sloppy about their personal appearance, that sloppiness will show up in other areas of life as well.
- Find a guy with a stable career. A successful career means “safety” and “security,” especially for women who are seeking marriage. Money means many things to a woman: the luxury of being able to take time away from her own work or career when meeting the demands of raising a family, the security of a comfortable and safe retirement and a nice home.
- Find a guy with a great sense of humor. Spend the rest of your life with a partner who makes you laugh! He doesn’t have to be Robin Williams and put on a stand up act, but being able to see the funny side of life and not be too serious goes a long way toward future happiness.
- Find a guy who has a good attitude. Seek out a partner who has an easygoing attitude. Avoid someone who is negative and always complaining. If you are always walking on eggshells around someone, you will soon be in constant pain.
A Beverly Hill Matchmaker, Marla Martenson is the author of Excuse Me, Your Soul Mate Is Waiting.
By Andrea, Monday, August 17, 2009 09:17:47 PM
well when it came 2 finding mr right with these 8 qualities i thought yeah right... especially when my x came back into my life and i got used.. i was dating never realizing that i had that 1 guy infront of me. Something told me to give him a chance and i slowly discovered that he was the "one"! Now we have that love and Im glad to say that i found him and we are planning a wedding to spend the rest of our lives together. :) so to everybody i say this.. dont give up until u find him or her cuz it will happen...
By SHERRY, Saturday, June 20, 2009 04:15:51 PM
I have found a man with all 8 qualities. Unfortunatly he is my job counselor and he is married but not living with his wife & daughter(for 4 yrs now). What do I do about this? I'm hoping what I have noticed about his reactions to me are attraction. I hope when I do find a job he will bring up the subject of us and explain his wife situation. In hopes that they will be over soon. Not living together for yrs but still married,I don't understand. I've met 2 women since I met him that are in the same situation. Can someone explain that one to me.I know/think in CA after 7 yrs apart it is a legal divorce. Just like live together 7 yrs it is common law marrage. I think.
By jeannetta, Wednesday, May 20, 2009 10:42:14 PM
Please explain your comment about the, "world as we know it will come to an end in 95 years".
By Naomi, Monday, May 18, 2009 09:13:01 PM
The right guy for me could have been Heath Ledger or Andy Gibb. Or the young tall, slender hotty with such clean skin and blond hair that I have seen around the main line, particulary Bryn Mawr PA.
When I met him for the first time, we both gave each other the Look. If you know what I mean.
Although he could be underage, I don't know how he could be attracted to moi, an old crone, fat and ugly, short, plain, an idiot.
I've only seen him about 4-5 times over in Bryn Mawr, but I sure would love to get into his arms and commence to kiss.
See he is just my type of guy. Now I don't know what to do. Maybe just to adore him from afar, which is my normal way.
Hmm, me thinks I should stop being my normal way and sometime when I see him grab and kiss him passionately, soulfully and perhaps our souls will become entwined throughout history.
Maybe we already have been anyway. Or so I would care to believe.....
By Anida, Tuesday, October 07, 2008 12:52:07 PM
Sylivia thank you you are ru=ight this is all i want in a man. Whith reading this its making me believe I am not ready for a relationship with a man.
By Prasanna, Friday, August 15, 2008 03:12:01 AM
I feel like everything is related with our fate. Because once i thought i had a met my partner. I tried with great difficulty. But could not make it at the end. Another girl tried for me, but i did not end up with any relation with her. So i have started living my life with no expectations and accepting things in life and making me happy.
By Green, Sunday, July 20, 2008 02:02:20 PM
Lavern, I do agree that it can be difficult to find one who has all these attributes but I believe they exist some place somewhere. Whether I will ever be able to ever get one like that is the question.
I really do want a perfect guy and I am hopeful that I would find him one day.
By Lavern, Friday, July 18, 2008 10:54:19 PM
The eight things enumerated are all exactly perfect in looking or searching for the right kind men a lady is looking for? I think, not one men can possess this kinds of attributes, there will be one or two missing in the list. Like for us women, we are not perfect either. I think partners complement each other.
By Melvin, Tuesday, July 15, 2008 07:54:46 AM
Having a guy who has all these qualities can be hard, so much hard. I think it really depends on a person. Some people prefer intelligent one while others do not mind it. People vary so I think this cannot be the case most of the time.
By Green, Wednesday, July 09, 2008 11:45:27 AM
I couldn't agree with you more. It is important to have all these in your partner. One of the most important qualities to me is one who shares the same interest as me. It has been a great challenge finding someone I share the same interests with. I haven't found that yet and I still looking.
You must log in to post a comment. If you don't already have a My Spirit Now account,
sign up now.